Web lists-archives.com

How to have apps preserve color/decoration when opened in another WM, like fluxbox or i3?

All,

  In every kde I've used in the past, once I set the theme/style/windeco/etc..
then regardless what WM I was using when I opened an app (like kate, kwrite,
konsole, etc.) they would always launch with the proper style. (even if opened
via X-forwarding over ssh)0

  Now, with plasma, breeze, any app I open in another WM launches with the
plain default Qt boxy look and near white color. Is this by design, and is
there a way to set a default style, (or at least a default color) that is used
by the apps opened outside kde?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.