Web lists-archives.com

Re: Tray icon by system_tray_request_dock protocol

On 23.11.2016 16:38, David Edmundson wrote:
You're using our compatibility layer, which due to various technical reasons, we don't actually embed the window in the dock. Instead it's hidden and the image is proxied through to our UI using the specification above. As you've found out, it's not perfect. Particularly as there are so many different behaviours with different clients.

What about the effect that embedding works on first run of application only? Is it expected behavior or can it be circumvented? The original size of the icon window in the test example is 50*50, it seems that the proxy does not see that size in first embedding call. Is it also expected that the background painted by the widget is not visible in tray area?
I'll study the link you provided, thanks!

Martin