Web lists-archives.com

Re: Howto disable kate/kwrite autoindent following if, loop, or open-brace

Hi,

On 21/11/16 06:02, David C. Rankin wrote:
>   How do you disable the automatic indention of the next line after an 'if',
> 'for', 'while' or open-brace, etc..
Set the indenter to "normal" instead of cstyle for the kind of document
you edit. That one does nothing except keeping the current indent level.

For completeness, because I had to look this up. One can change this settings by
going to Settings > Configure Kate... > Editor Component > Open/Save > Modes &
Filetypes. It is also possible to change the default Indentation mode (not sure
when that is being used, actually, probably when the file type is unknown). You
can find this under Editor Component > Editing > Indentation.

Thank you, David and Sven. I have wondered about this in the past, but could not
find the setting. Searching while knowing what to look for really helps.

Thom