Web lists-archives.com

Re: Applications (e.g. kwrite/kate) unstyled when launched outside KDE

On 13/11/16 16:31, David C. Rankin wrote:
>   Is the lack of window decoration and menu style when applications are
> launched via ssh (or from within an alternate desktop, e.g. fluxbox,
> XFCE) a limitation of the current theme (Breeze) or is it a limitation
> of plasma/kde?
Window decoration sounds strange. Do you actually mean the window
decoration with the close/maximize/minimize buttons?

Regarding the style, this depends on the platform theme plugin which is
loaded. You can try export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=kde before you launch
the application (I wouldn't recommend it though) or use something like
qt5ct.

But as I said before, our recommended way to launch e.g. kate under say,
fluxbox, and not have no icons and some weird theme set is still unclear
to me.

Greetings,
Sven