Web lists-archives.com

Re: Plasma 5 dataengine

Hi Martin,

thank you for your response.

Yes, I already tried this approach but with no luck. plasmaengineexplorer command won't find my dataengine :( I'll make the code available on Github later this week so we can discuss it better.

On the other note. Your example prepares Makefile to install the dataengine system-wide. This is usually what you want but I was wondering if there is a way to "install" a dataengine locally in a similar way applets can be installed in you home directory so that system will still recognize it.

cool stuff! You might reach more Plasma devs on plasma-devel@xxxxxxx.

> I would like to test this newly built dataengine but I can't make KDE to
> recognize it. I tried to follow this tutorial
> https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma4/DataEngines#Testing
> but it's only for Plasma 4.
>
> Can somebody please tell me where should I put those .so and .desktop files
> so that KDE will recognize it and dataengine will be available via
> plasmaengineexplorer command? Is there somewhere a documentation/tutorial
> for Plasma 5 dataengines?

I'm not aware of a dataengine. But we can look at the source :-) I'm taking a
dataengine I wrote (plasma-workspace/klipper):

install(TARGETS plasma_engine_clipboard DESTINATION ${KDE_INSTALL_PLUGINDIR}/
plasma/dataengine)
install(FILES plasma-dataengine-clipboard.desktop DESTINATION $
{KDE_INSTALL_KSERVICES5DIR})
install(FILES org.kde.plasma.clipboard.operations DESTINATION $
{PLASMA_DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/services)

Hope that helps you to get some steps further :-)

Cheers
Martin

--
Michal Kimle