Web lists-archives.com

Re: Generating QtScript bindings for Qt5

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 6:25 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On terça-feira, 26 de julho de 2016 03:07:09 PDT R.Harish Navnit wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Qt4, we had qtscriptgenerator which helped in generating Qt
>> bindings, which are needed to import qt extensions to QScriptEngine
>> etc. However, AFAIK this hasn't made it to Qt5 or at least there, is
>> no official release yet.
>>
>> Can anyone point me to or show me how one can generate Qt script
>> bindings in Qt5 ?
>
> The same tool should work. QtScript API is unchanged in Qt 5.
>
>> I have considered using some unofficial Qt5 ports[1][2] of
>> qscriptgenerator, but I faced errors while compiling/building them
>> from source and they seem to be unmaintained too, since quite some
>> time now. I have duly reported them as issues against the relevant
>> repos.[3]
>>
>> What's the best fix/workaround to this ? Any suggestions ?
>
> Build it with Qt 4. The library it links to has nothing to do with the input
> or output.
Right. There's a qscriptgenerator package for Archlinux, which I've
installed but I don't know how it's supposed to or how I'm supposed to
make it work.

I don't see a man page entry and I haven't found any
references/examples online, so far. Any ideas ?

Cheers,
Harish