Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-community] Usage of QNetworkAccessManager

On 14 July 2016 at 17:38, Thiago Macieira <thiago@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On quinta-feira, 14 de julho de 2016 18:33:37 PDT Ben Cooksley wrote:

> Unfortunately, from it's first iteration in Qt 4 QNetworkAccessManager
​e ​
as shipped with a severe and fundamental defect in that it does not
> follow HTTP redirects by default. Due to Qt behavioural and other
> compatibility promises they can never change this behaviour, not even
> in Qt 6.

​This is incorrect. We can certainly change it in qt6. In fact it's an open discussion if we can change it before - we need evidence that the change will not break apps that handle redirects themselves. If anyone has time to test this then pleas​e let me know the results.

​​

> Please therefore ensure your application handles redirects
> appropriately (the form of the code will depend on the version of Qt
> in use) if you decide to use QNAM.

You do that by setting the attribute FollowRedirectsAttribute in your
QNetworkRequests.

​​
​Yes, the code in the example dfaure has linked to does it the hard way.

Cheers

Rich.