Web lists-archives.com

Re: Question to Solid Hardware querying

Hi Alexander,

If you don't get a lot of useful replies on this (rather general) list, you
can try contacting the hardware dev team directly at kde-hardware-
devel@xxxxxxx.

On Tuesday 07 June 2016 13:30:15 Alexander Blum wrote:
> I have a question concerning KDE Solid device monitor. On the console, when
> I type in
>
> solid-hardware details
> '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/TOSHIBA_8732TNPJT_222873248044'
>
> I get the following output:
>
> udi = '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/TOSHIBA_8732TNPJT_222873248044'
> parent = '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2' (string)
> vendor = 'TOSHIBA' (string)
> product = '8732TNPJT' (string)
> description = 'TOSHIBA 8732TNPJT' (string)
> Block.major = 8 (0x8) (int)
> Block.minor = 49 (0x31) (int)
> Block.device = '/dev/sdd1' (string)
> StorageDrive.bus = 'Usb' (0x1) (enum)
> StorageDrive.driveType = 'HardDisk' (0x0) (enum)
> StorageDrive.removable = true (bool)
> StorageDrive.hotpluggable = true (bool)
> StorageDrive.inUse = false (bool)
>
> The lines in blue represent solid device attributes and their values. So far
> no problem. But how does solid-hardware query the attributes and their
> values in the green lines? Is there any way of configuring a solid action
> script that uses and verifies the attributes listed in the green lines?
>
> I have already consulted the KDE Solid homepage, but Solid is very sparsely
> - if at all - documented.

Have you looked  at this page as well, it at least has reasonably complete API
documentation:
https://api.kde.org/frameworks/solid/html/index.html

You could look at the sourcecode for solid-hardware's sourcecode to find out
how it queries the values you're looking for.

As an aside, please don't post HTML emails to mailing lists, it's usually
frowned upon since it limits the readability for many people, among other
reasons. (I personally don't mind much, but I know people who do and it
probably makes it easier for you to get your emails answered.)

Cheers,
--
sebas

Sebastian Kügler    •    http://vizZzion.orghttp://www.kde.org