Web lists-archives.com

Question to Solid Hardware querying

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a question concerning KDE Solid device monitor. On the console, when I type in

solid-hardware details '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/TOSHIBA_8732TNPJT_222873248044'

I get the following output:

udi = '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/TOSHIBA_8732TNPJT_222873248044'
parent = '/org/freedesktop/UDisks2' (string)
vendor = 'TOSHIBA' (string)
product = '8732TNPJT' (string)
description = 'TOSHIBA 8732TNPJT' (string)
Block.major = 8 (0x8) (int)
Block.minor = 49 (0x31) (int)
Block.device = '/dev/sdd1' (string)
StorageDrive.bus = 'Usb' (0x1) (enum)
StorageDrive.driveType = 'HardDisk' (0x0) (enum)
StorageDrive.removable = true (bool)
StorageDrive.hotpluggable = true (bool)
StorageDrive.inUse = false (bool)

The lines in blue represent solid device attributes and their values. So far no problem. But how does solid-hardware query the attributes and their values in the green lines? Is there any way of configuring a solid action script that uses and verifies the attributes listed in the green lines?

I have already consulted the KDE Solid homepage, but Solid is very sparsely - if at all - documented.

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

--
Alexander Blum

LANDESAMT FÜR VERMESSUNG UND GEOBASISINFORMATION RHEINLAND-PFALZ

Von-Kuhl-Straße 49
56070 Koblenz
Telefon 0261 492-115
Telefax 0261 492-492