Web lists-archives.com

api.kde.org: Can we assume that KDE4 is no more too much used?

Hi,

Disclaimer: I'm *not* going to propose to get rid of the KDE4/3 documentation.

Currently the main page of api.kde.org is ugly and kind of messy. I updated kapidox so that it generates a nice front page [1]. The idea of course is that this page becomes the landing page.

I propose to add an item at the bottom of the "List of our products" which would be "Deprecated Products" . This would link to a page to access the old libraries that are not generated by kapidox.
A second option would be to put the link in the menu left (above "Search").

What do you think? Is it reasonable for you? If someone is against that, please tell it before the end of the month.

Projects like akonadi or amarok or kdegames which provide public api but are no frameworks should use kapidox do generate the documentation and appear on the landing page. If you want this, please contact me for help, I'll write documentation in the next weeks anyway.

Cheers
Olivier

[1] http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/index.html
--
Olivier CHURLAUD
Engineer Student at Ecole Centrale de Lyon