Web lists-archives.com

Re: Re: links on https://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Sources/en

Le 20/05/2016 à 09:50, Valorie Zimmerman a écrit :
On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 5:06 AM, Olivier Churlaud <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 18/05/2016 à 02:07, Valorie Zimmerman a écrit :

Hi folks, someone in #kde-www mentioned at many links to
projects.kde.org are still on techbase, so I logged in and started
cleaning them up.

This page: https://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Sources/en has
loads of links, and I don't seem to be able to find Quickgit
alternatives. Examples:

"The '''Qt KDE''' module is a clone of the latest Qt release." - but I
can find no quickgit link.

kdesupport -- same.

In fact, I'm giving up on fixing that page, and would ask for someone
more knowledgeable than me to login and fix it.

I believe that at some point it will probably be moved to Community
wiki once accurate and up-to-date, since it no longer fits the
definition of what Techbase is for.

Valorie

Hi,

Theses links should not be updated since they should be removed from
techbase. Please edit the pages on community instead.

All the pages concerning getting the sources etc... are outdated and were
moved to community. Sadly enough, this one was forgotten it seems.

I'll think of moving it in a near future.

Cheers
Olivier
I agree that they mostly should be on Community, however, they are
*not*. I don't know how to move them, or how to leave re-directs. I
changed bad links into correct ones. When or if they are moved, they
will be correct.

Valorie

Yes they are not: in the first answer I sent, I thought they were and that I just forgot to remove the page.

Now the question I'm asking myself, is: what does this page bring to users/contributors? It gives a not-so-up-to-date list with links pointing to the same direction. In my opinion, the information of "our projects can be found on this website" is important, but keeping such a list is 1) more work 2) not so fair for projects that are not in it.

So I just wonder if we should keep it this way, and if yes, where would it make sense to have such a list. I don't have any answers coming to my mind.

Cheers
Olivier