Web lists-archives.com

Re: appstream icons and the hicolor madness we have in KDE software

El dijous, 21 d’abril de 2016, a les 13:02:49 CEST, Aleix Pol va escriure:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 1:12 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> >> GNOME ships icons for all its apps in hicolor/
> >
> > KDE should too (in general)
>
> Would it be enough if Breeze installed the applications icons in
> hicolor or we're talking about moving every application icon into the
> application's tarball?

The app should have an icon, ideally in its tarball, as well as ideally we
should move the applications translations from a gigantic tarball to the app
tarball they belong to.

Aleix and me where talking about we could use appstream info for both, just
needs someone doing the code and then adding appstream to the missing repos
(e.g. okular doesn't have one yet i think).

Cheers,
  Albert