Web lists-archives.com

Re: appstream icons and the hicolor madness we have in KDE software

Aleix Pol wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 1:12 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Matthias Klumpp wrote:
>>
>>> GNOME ships icons for all its apps in hicolor/
>>
>> KDE should too (in general)
>
> Would it be enough if Breeze installed the applications icons in
> hicolor or we're talking about moving every application icon into the
> application's tarball?

The latter would be more ideal, which matches the icon-theme-spec
recommendations.

https://specifications.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/icon-theme-spec-latest.html#install_icons

"... an application author, and want to install application icons so that
they work in ... menus. Minimally you should install a 48x48 icon in the
hicolor theme. This means installing a PNG file in
$prefix/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps."

-- Rex