Web lists-archives.com

Re: Plasma desktop scripting

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Franklin Weng
<franklin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> A simple question:
>
> https://userbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/PlasmaDesktopScripting#Activities_and_desktops
>
> Are the instructions for Plasma desktop scripting in the above link for
> Plasma 4 or Plasma 5?
>
> In the above link the activity creating API is:
>
> var activityId = newActivity("org.kde.plasma.folderview")
>
> However in Kubuntu 15.10 the syntax in layout.js is:
>
> var id = createActivity("Desktop");
> var desktopsArray = desktopsForActivity(id);
>
> I've spent months trying to customize Plasma 5 Desktop but very frustrated.
> I've tried to ask in the mailing list and irc channels but no luck.  (Please
> don't get me wrong.  I'm not blaming anyone for this.)  Would anyone please
> just tell me this simple question:  Is the information in the Techbase wiki
> (now Userbase wiki) up-to-date?  If not, is there any documents for Plasma 5
> Desktop scripting for now?
>
> If not, I may not have choices but to give up using KDE Plasma 5 as the
> default desktop in our system.
>

> Thanks,
> Franklin

Hi Franklin,
Coincidentally, I was playing with such code last week. It should be
the same (I think) as Plasma 4, and it should work.

Send an e-mail to the plasma-devel mailing list with the exact issue
you're having so we can figure out exactly what's wrong.

Aleix