Re: Why would I see g_object_new_with_properties: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed?
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 09:16:20 -0400
- From: Brendan Long <self@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Why would I see g_object_new_with_properties: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed?
|In case anyone else finds this in a Google search in the future, this was an interaction between Vala and libpeas. If you annotate a function with  like we do here: https://github.com/jangernert/FeedReader/blob/master/plugins/backend/feedbin/feedbinInterface.vala#L750, then link it into a library, the Vala compiler magically turns the entire library into a libpeas module. Since I was directly linking the module, the peas_register_types function wasn't being called and the types didn't exist.|
I couldn't figure out how to call that function manually, so we just don't link that peas_register_types function in our tests. Long term we'll probably just have a file with nothing but that function so we can test everything else easily.
_______________________________________________ gtk-list mailing list gtk-list@xxxxxxxxx https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-list
- Prev by Date: Re: Is it possible to catch ALT+TAB and do nothing
- Next by Date: gtk_widget_add_accelerator failure
- Previous by thread: Why would I see g_object_new_with_properties: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed?
- Next by thread: ThreadStack Project: a new innovative open source software for multi-thread computing