- Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 13:22:16 -0500
- From: Ian Chapman <ichapman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Gtk3 portability
Hi, I have made a Linux gtk3 program and have it running on my Debian Mint AMD64 machine.
I mistakenly thought that the program file (binary file) held all that was needed to run.
I moved the program file to a newly installed Mint 18.1 and ran into a few difficulties.
1. I had to install libsdl2 to get over the first hick.
2. My program was looking for libglew.so.1.10 but what was in the repository was 1.13 obviously a slightly later version.
3. I overcame hick 2 by pulling over C++ and gtk3 and recompiling from source.
Maybe you guys and gals can give me a few pointers so that I can generate the program file (binary file) without all the above hassle? Regards Ian.
_______________________________________________ gtk-list mailing list gtk-list@xxxxxxxxx https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-list