Web lists-archives.com

Re: CSS to look more like Gtk+ 2

On 12/19/2016 07:39 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
> Sorry, despite mostly lurking, I have been around longer than you, and
> you are wrong: Gtk+ exists because of Gimp, not Gnome.
>
> And the policy turned sour about the same time the Gnome developers
> overflowed the original Gimp developers.

Like you I've been around lurking since the early Gimp days. I used one
of the very first releases of GTK outside of Gimp.  I know that several
current Gnome developers who are heavily involved in GTK+ development
were in fact heavily involved with Gimp development back in the day,
some 20 years ago.