gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new and gtk_file_chooser_native_new very slow on a Windows 10 64-bit PC
- Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 13:29:44 -0800
- From: "Ian Puleston" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new and gtk_file_chooser_native_new very slow on a Windows 10 64-bit PC
I have an app that uses GTK with both Windows and Linux versions, and which I just upgraded from GTK 2 to GTK 3 (3.22.1). In testing this new version something that I noticed is that opening a file chooser dialog is extremely slow on my main desktop PC which runs Windows 10 64-bit, taking about 15 seconds for it to open. Yet on the other Windows PCs that I have to hand, a laptop running Windows 7 64-bit and a tablet running Windows 10 32-bit, it works fine and the file chooser dialogs open immediately. Also they open nice and quickly when the exact same app is run in a Windows 7 64-bit VM on this same desktop PC.
A little debugging showed that the time is spent in gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new which takes 15 seconds to execute. I tried switching to gtk_file_chooser_native_new instead but it too has the same problem taking just as long.
So I tried running an older version of the app with GTK 2.24.10 on this PC and it too shows the problem, although it is not so bad, taking about 10 seconds to open the file chooser (three file chooser opens in quick succession actually take 10, 5 and 5 seconds where all three take 15 seconds when doing the same with GTK 3).
I’m planning on opening a bug report, but figured I’d ask first in case this is a known problem or to see if anyone has any ideas about it?
It is easily demonstrated – the small demo program that I attached to a previous bug report @ https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=559034 shows it when compiled with GTK 3.22.1 (although it needs a couple of minor edits for that).
_______________________________________________ gtk-list mailing list gtk-list@xxxxxxxxx https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-list
- Prev by Date: Re: GTK+ with Broadway
- Next by Date: Re: gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new and gtk_file_chooser_native_new very slow on a Windows 10 64-bit PC
- Previous by thread: g_object_class_install_property: G_PARAM_CONSTRUCT | G_PARAM_CONSTRUCT_ONLY not allowed
- Next by thread: Re: gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new and gtk_file_chooser_native_new very slow on a Windows 10 64-bit PC