Web lists-archives.com

Re: GTK 3.22 Breaking My Eclipse IDE

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:33:36 -0600
Michael Torrie <torriem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > With Adwaita & Numix themes
> These are all theme (CSS) errors. Apparently theming is expecting
> slightly different CSS from what it was using in 3.20 and 3.22
> (again). However, I thought that Adwaita was GTK's default theme and
> ships with GTK. If so, are you sure you're running the GTK 3.22
> version of this theme? _______________________________________________

I don't think the theme is necessarily to blame.  Something changed in
GTK 3.22, and Eclipse happened to find these issues.  This is likely a
regression in GTK.

From my (limited) understanding, the theme API was supposed to be
frozen as of 3.20.  Even if this is a theme problem, that would mean
this is still a regression in GTK (because frozen APIs are not supposed
to be changed).

The computer can't tell you the emotional story.  It can give you the
exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
- Frank Zappa

gtk-list mailing list