Web lists-archives.com

Re: Parent receiving child's button press event

Il Tue, 30 Aug 2016 17:48:34 -0700 Jim Heald <jhdoubleoseven@xxxxxxxxx> scrisse:

> Thank you so much! It's literally these return True things that keep
> throwing me off.
>
> Do you have a suggestion of somewhere I can read about all of these
> conventions?

They are not conventions, they are documented behavior: just pay
attention to the signal documentation. In your specific case you
probably connected a callback to the "button-press-event" signal.
Citing the relevant documentation [1]:

    Returns: TRUE to stop other handlers from being invoked for
    the event. FALSE to propagate the event further.

I think this is respected for all "*-event" signals.

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkWidget.html#GtkWidget-button-press-event

Ciao.
--
Nicola