Web lists-archives.com

Re: Is gtk-fb still actively maintained?

On Saturday, March 12, 2016, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12 March 2016 at 15:07, Woody Wu <narkewoody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does the ability of gtk can run directly on a frame buffer without X sill be
> actively developed and supported?

No, it hasn't been developed in a very, very long time. The
framebuffer backend has been removed ages ago in the 2.x series, and
it's not available on 3.x; same for the DirectFB backend.

Thanks for the info. It saved my time.

> I am hesitate to install a Xorg sever on a
> small device.  Thanks.

I don't see the issue. If it can run GTK then it most definitely can run X.

Yes, it can, but need more space and memory.

[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]

    -- Schopenhauer

public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody@xxxxxxxxx)

gtk-list mailing list