Interactive data plotting application
- Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 13:05:04 +0100
- From: Jozef V.Molnár <jv.molnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Interactive data plotting application
I need to develop a GTK3 widget for data plotting, drawing and analysis
I need the following features (many are standard requirements):
- have a grid sensitive to mouse (to invoke a configuring menu)
- add/remove plots
- plots sensitive to mouse (display the data coordinates)
- more than cursors (to perform measurements)
- cursors capable of find edges of data plots
My idea was to use GtkLayout but I am open to any better advice.
I have made a simple demo with GtkDrawingArea (I can send it per
request) where I can draw with Cairo but cannot receive events. If I
change the parent from GtkDrawingArea to GtkLayout, I can receive events
but the draw function will not be called.
I am new to GTK and need a suggestion on how to organize my objects:
- plotting area
all should be sensitive to mouse clicks to invoke configuration, move
up/down (plots), do measurements, display coordinates etc.
I searched the internet a lot but did not find many examples. I tried
GoatPlot as base...
I also would like to add this widget to a VBox and if I zoom in the X
axis, all widgets should zoom in the X axis (but not the Y axis).
Finally I would like to be able to print/export the contents etc...
I know this is time consuming (at least for me) but I would appreciate
Thank you in advance and best regards
gtk-list mailing list