Web lists-archives.com

Re: Strategy for unit testing GTK+ applications in C

On Sun, 2015-05-17 at 07:04 -0500, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> I think your idea of keep processes in a library and create unit tests
> to it and then link to your GUI app is the better approach.
>
> GDA[1] have a processes non-GUI library, a GUI library of widgets and
> a GUI app. You should check it.

Or don't even create a library if you don't need one. Just link your
tests to only the sources that the tests need to use. This works out
neatly when you can manage to keep some of your source code separate
from any UI or use of GTK+. To create unit tests the various parts of
your source code need to be loosely coupled anyway.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@xxxxxxxxxxx