- Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 11:57:32 -0500
- From: Takeshi Suzuki <takeshithedev@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: g_test_trap_assert_stderr pattern
I need to match a literal '*' in my tests using g_test_trap_assert_stderr, but GLib's glob-style pattern matching does not support escaping wildcards. There are 3 immediately visible solutions:
1. Make test_trap_last_stderr accessible to the user in some way
2. Use regex instead of glob-style patterns in g_test_trap_assertions. So instead of calling g_pattern_match_simple,
we call g_regex_match_simple.
3. Allow escaping wildcards in glob-style patterns
I searched around but could not find any rationale for disallowing escapes in glob-style patterns. I was wondering if any of the above sounded feasible, and what caveats each may entail.
_______________________________________________ gtk-devel-list mailing list gtk-devel-list@xxxxxxxxx https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-devel-list
- Prev by Date: Re: .ui: Marking widgets which don't need accessibility labelling
- Previous by thread: Fw: [PATCH wayland-protcols v3] unstable: add xdg-toplevel-decoration protocol