GTK_MODULES removal and the future of existing modules
- Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 14:41:49 +0530
- From: Philipp Emanuel Weidmann <pew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: GTK_MODULES removal and the future of existing modules
I am the author of Plotinus, a GTK+ module that provides a
searchable command palette to GTK+ applications. Recently, it was
brought to my attention that module loading has been removed on
It appears that this change could mean the end for Plotinus and other
modules like it. I would be interested to learn:
1. What is the rationale behind the removal of module loading?
2. What will be the first stable release of GTK+ that does not support
modules anymore? Is this GTK+ 4.0+ only, or will support also be
dropped in a 3.0 series release?
3. What, if any, alternatives are available/planned for software
like Plotinus that needs to inspect the widget hierarchy of running
applications in order to work?
Any insight is appreciated!
gtk-devel-list mailing list