Web lists-archives.com

Re: wip/baedert/drawing branch

On 18.05, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Timm Bäder <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Tim, thanks for writing this up.
>
> Let me ask a few questions that are unclear to me, before we discuss the
> individual things:
>
> - What are the overall goals here ? That would be good to know. My guess
> would be:
>   1) Get rid of gadgets
>   2) Full css drawing for all widgets
>   anything else ?

No, that's it basically.

> >  - Focus outlines work out pretty badly the way they are currently done
> >    in the branch. Wit gadgets, widgets had pretty fine-grained control
> >    over which gadget draws the focus outline.
> >

> How _are_ they done now ?

gtk_widget_snapshot just draws it around the widget if
gtk_widget_has_visible_focus returns TRUE for it:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtkwidget.c?h=wip/baedert/drawing#n15693

So e.g. dragging on a scale slider means the entire scale gets a focus
rectangle drawn, and entries get a focus rectangle drawn on top of their
normal focus indication (the blue border). Dunno if we can just set
can-focus to FALSE for appropriate (child) widgets and it works itself
out.