Re: gtk4: gtk_box_pack_start()/end() porting
- Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 15:21:59 +0200
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: gtk4: gtk_box_pack_start()/end() porting
On Wed, 2017-05-03 at 14:22 +0200, Timm Bäder wrote:
> > Have some container widgets changed, or lost, some default
> > spacing/padding/margins too? For instance, it looks like
> > GtkActionBar
> > used to have some hard-coded spacing between its child widgets
> > (added
> > via gtk_action_bar_pack_start()), but not with gtk4.
> Yes, iirc GtkPopover with .menu and GtkFileChooserButton, etc. lost
> spacing. Since GtkBox supports border-spacing via CSS now, I think
> themes should handle that instead, but Adwaita doesn't care yet.
So, applications shouldn't generally need to specify any spacing at all
between child widgets in containers? For instance
- margin of child widgets in a Gtk::ActionBar
- Gtk::Grid column-spacing and row-spacing
GTK 3 and GTK 4 themes are separate, right?
gtk-devel-list mailing list