Web lists-archives.com

Re: Use of lrint() in 'gdk-pixbuf/pixops/pixops.c'

Hi John;

On 4 February 2017 at 18:17, John Emmas via gtk-devel-list
<gtk-devel-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/02/2017 16:07, Martin Guy wrote:
>>
>> On 04/02/2017, John Emmas via gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I took a quick look through glib, gtk+ (v2) and gdk-pixbuf but I
>>> can't see lrint getting used anywhere else.  Any chance of a fix?
>>
>> Thanks. The quick fix is to replace them with
>>
>>        tmp_width = (int) (src_width * prescale_x + 0.5);
>>        tmp_height = (int) (src_height * prescale_y + 0.5);
>>

> Thanks Martin,
>
> Are you able to make those changes upstream?  I can change the lines locally
> but I wouldn't be able to push to git master.  Thanks,

Please, file a bug against gdk-pixbuf:

  https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gdk-pixbuf

I'd rather have a check at configure-time that looks if we have
lrint() available, and if not, provides a fallback. We used this
approach in GTK+ 3.x, and it makes it easier to remove the code once
we decide to bump the compiler requirements, like we did in GTK+
master.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--