GtkGlArea render fps is different than monitor frame rate
- Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 01:01:53 +0100
- From: Ferenc Engárd <ferenc.engard@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: GtkGlArea render fps is different than monitor frame rate
I have a strange issue with GtkGlArea under linux: it seems my program runs with a different fps than the monitor's refresh rate. (The rendering itself is fast, faster than 1ms.)
I use a 60Hz monitor mode, and the rendering fps is around 39.5Hz. I verified my monitor refresh rate with xrandr, and even with another -- X11-EGL based -- program; it is really 60Hz.
I also measured the time interval between two render calls, and the min and max is around 22ms and 28ms, so it seems that I even do not drop a frame.
I do not set anything special in GtkGlArea or opengl (glSwapInterval or so)...
Did you encounter with such an issue? Any idea what can be the problem?
Ubuntu 16.04, unity, gtk+ 3.18.9
_______________________________________________ gtk-devel-list mailing list gtk-devel-list@xxxxxxxxx https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-devel-list
- Prev by Date: Re: gtk_text_iter_forward_search() comparison
- Next by Date: Re: GtkGlArea render fps is different than monitor frame rate
- Previous by thread: gtk_text_iter_forward_search() comparison
- Next by thread: Re: GtkGlArea render fps is different than monitor frame rate