Web lists-archives.com

Re: GtkSocket/GtkPlug accessibility

On 09/01/17 14:28, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for those answers.

>> Then perhaps it is about using AtkSocket/AtkPlug on MATE-Panel. But that
>> is an advice given without looking at all that code.
>
> Okay, I'll see then.  If it's not something that should be done at the
> GtkSocket/Plug level and would profit everyone, I might investigate a
> different hackish solution that might be good enough for the MATE-Panel
> specific problem.  Or see to use AtkSocket/Plug in MATE-Panel's side if
> needed, we'll see.

I know I arrive tremendously late to this thread, and I'm not even sure if
this is going to be helpful for your situation, but just in case this is a
small test application I wrote long ago to understand how the whole thing of
AtkSocket & AtkPlug works:

    https://github.com/mariospr/atksocket-atkplug-example

Also, in case it also helps, this is a (long) rant I wrote a while ago too
explaining how we implemented accessibility support in the multiprocess
architecture of WebKit2, also using AtkSocket and AtkPlug:

    http://mariospr.org/2013/02/03/accessibility-in-webkitgtk

Now, feel free to dismiss all this if it's totally irrelevant :-)

Cheers,
Mario