Web lists-archives.com

Re: Up-to-date Valgrind suppression file for GLib/GTK+ ?

On 29 December 2016 at 23:55, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As Philip explained earlier in the thread, Valgrind can only accept a
> single suppression file. So, if GTK+ ships a suppression file, it
> would need to include suppression rules for all its dependencies, and
> you would still be unable to add your own on top of that. The only way

I realize you're talking about the default suppressions file, but of
course valgrind can load many non-default suppression files at once.
Up to 100, according to the man page.

$ valgrind --suppressions=/first/file.supp --suppressions=/second/file.supp ...

So I think there would be some value in shipping separate, official
.supps for glib, gobject, gio, gtk etc etc.

We'd need one for each .pc file, so Stefan's suggestion of a
pkg-config var sounds very reasonable to me.

John