Web lists-archives.com

Re: Gtk+4.x and broadway ( and other remote options )

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 02:18:24PM +1100, Daniel Kasak wrote:
> Another option, if the task is too large or difficult for me, is to
> either offer a bounty here, or to post a project on something like
> freelancer. I also realise that work done via freelancer would
> possibly be of questionable quality, and would quite possibly break
> with later gtk+ versions again. Any comments on this option?

See https://www.gtk.org/support.php

IMHO Igalia would be a good choice, since they have a lot of expertise
on web browser technologies (WebKitGTK+ and Epiphany among other
things).

> Another option would be another remote-desktop / remote-app
> capability. I've read a little on wayland / weston and RDP. I think
> RDP would be a reasonable option, though haven't managed to get it
> working yet.

There is also Waltham, a generic Wayland-style IPC over network, still
in development:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2016-October/031413.html

--
Sébastien