Window surface referencing
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:45:58 +0300
- From: LRN <lrn1986@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Window surface referencing
GDK does > window->current_paint.surface = gdk_window_ref_impl_surface (window); before every paint for windows that don't need offscreen surfaces, and then does > cairo_surface_destroy (window->current_paint.surface); > window->current_paint.surface = NULL; after the paint, which leads to surface being created and destroyed repeatedly. AFAIU, the assumption is that the underlying drawing thingy persists along with the window, only a cairo interface (surface) to that thingy gets created/destroyed. Question is: can i instead create a cairo surface and have it persist (say, by getting an extra reference to it) between repaints? Does GDK rely on surface not living for long? -- O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
_______________________________________________ gtk-devel-list mailing list gtk-devel-list@xxxxxxxxx https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-devel-list
- Prev by Date: Re: GTK+ hackfest 2016
- Next by Date: Anything I need to do that somebody commits this patch?
- Previous by thread: GTK+ hackfest 2016
- Next by thread: Anything I need to do that somebody commits this patch?