Web lists-archives.com

Re: elementary would like to participate :)

On Sun, 2015-11-08 at 20:24 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Daniel Foré <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > Sri and Matthias pointed us here. Basically the idea is we want to
> > start a discussion about how elementary can be more involved in
> > Gtk+ development and Sri thought a good place to start would be to
> > try getting some of our Granite widgets into Gtk+. I think I know
> > someone who would be interested in porting widgets and getting them
> > into upstream. I guess the big question is what you all find most
> > interesting.
> >

> Hey, thanks for coming in here. The tab bar widget is one that has
> been on the GNOME designer wishlist for a long time too.
> It is certainly the most complex widget on your list, but also the
> most interesting one from my perspective.
> I think there were some people (Carlos ?) who said they would take
> this on, but so far nothing has materialized.
> Using your implementation as a starting point would be great.

The "Storage" widget is pretty naff. Have you seen the "Segmented bar"
used in Rhythmbox (in C), Banshee (in C#) and probably other places?

Build rhythmbox, and you'll see a test widget in:
widgets/test-rb-segmented-bar

It's non-trivial, but there would be very few users for it. A good
cut'n'paste widget?

Cheers