Web lists-archives.com

Re: Broken 'C' compilation when building from Master with MSVC

On 03/11/15 09:30, John Emmas wrote:
> On 02/11/2015 22:50, Arnavion wrote:
>> https://github.com/GNOME/glib/blob/236e804/glib/gutils.h#L69
>> Presumably this is not being included by gtypes.h
>
> 1) Firstly, it needs to get #included quite a long way down (around line
> 95 of gtypes.h).  The reason for this is that the two headers have
> mutual dependencies - i.e. gutils.h needs some types which are defined
> in gtypes.h and vice versa.
>
> 2) Because of the above, some other source files are now fussy about
> which order we #include gtypes.h versus gutils.h

Perhaps the "inline" stuff should move to gtypes.h, or somewhere even
lower-level, like glibconfig.h?

Or, given that
<https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GLib/CompilerRequirements> effectively
says that the old (non-C99) MSVC versions are not suitable compilers for
use with GLib, perhaps GLib should require that MSVC compilation is done
with something like

    cl.exe -Dinline=__inline

which *is* a suitable compiler?

Simon McVittie