Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Discuss] Make a thinner Glib/GTK+ to fit tiny device better

On 10/16/2015 12:29 PM, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> The problem here is that GObject cannot be copied generically, when
> they are, it's a custom feature. Note that reference based locking
> isn't always great. If I was to redo that, I'm opt for explicit locking
> instead. In GStreamer we have hit many of the limitation of this model.
> This can of course be introduced with an GInterface if you drop this cr
> azy idea of using ref-count to figure-out writability.

There have been discussions about using negative reference counts for
non-atomic reference counts. Not sure the status of that though.

We still can't use that for Gtk, because applications regularly pass a
widget to another thread and queue a callback/unref from that thread.

-- Christian