Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Discuss] Make a thinner Glib/GTK+ to fit tiny device better

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas.dufresne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le lundi 12 octobre 2015 à 23:24 +0800, cee1 a écrit :

> 2. I notice EFL use some "COW" logic[1], but we already have a much
> clean implementation in GStreamer, that's
> gst_mini_object_make_writable[2]. Then we may merge GstMiniObject
> back
> to glib?

We (taking my GStreamer hat) havent heard of any interest from the GLib
group for lightweight objects. Note that some library ended up also
having these lightweight kind of object, hence may be interesting to
eventually consolidate.

I think it is fair to say that there is more interest in fixing performance of GObject than there is in introducing a miniobject type. Not sure if that qualifies as 'interest in lightweight objects' or not.