Web lists-archives.com

Re: g_error_free() warning on null pointer

Le nonidi 29 thermidor, an CCXXIII, Sébastien Wilmet a écrit :
> So if you design a library like that, your users will need to read the
> documentation everytime they use as simple functions as free/unref.

No, only when they consider abusing them.

> Consistency is important for a programming language or for a library to
> save time to the programmer (and not turning crazy).

Detecting bugs as early and efficiently as possible saves more time to the
programmer than any kind of consistency.

I have nothing more to add to my first mail, and your example about boolean
bitfields does not convince me of anything.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George