Web lists-archives.com

Re: Null check in g_hash_table_lookup()

It will fix it in that it will warn and then return NULL (and only if
you build glib with the flag that turns those return_val_if_fail's on,
which it does by default), but it's considered improper behavior to
call g_hash_table_lookup with a NULL key.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Michael McConville
<mmcconv1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Currently, if you pass a null key pointer to g_hash_table_lookup(), it
> will sometimes segfault in g_str_hash(). This often happened in the
> Pidgin development tip until we added this check:
>
>         https://hg.pidgin.im/pidgin/main/rev/7e57fa4513f4
>
> I was running GLib 2.44.1 on OpenBSD 5.8 (-current).
>
> It seems like adding:
>
>         g_return_val_if_fail (key != NULL, NULL);
>
> Here:
>
>         https://github.com/GNOME/glib/blob/master/glib/ghash.c#L1145
>
> Should fix it. However, it seems saliently missing, so maybe I'm
> misunderstanding and NULL can be a valid key pointer.

  Jasper