Web lists-archives.com

Re: GDBusProxy missing bus signals during construction

On 24/07/15 12:23, Simon McVittie wrote:
On 23/07/15 21:59, Roger James wrote:

I propose to get this by round this by subscribing to the Avahi ItemNew
signal  on my "AvahiServer"  proxy to catch the updates and then
unscribing it after I have connected the gobject signal on the
'AvahiServiceBrowser' proxy.
org.freedesktop.Avahi.Server does not appear to have an ItemNew signal.
I would recommend dropping down to a lower-level API than proxy objects:
using Gio.DBusConnection.signal_subscribe() to match ItemNew signals at
*any* object path (use None for the object path parameter).

Simon,

I was a bit sloppy when I typed this. I should have said on the DBusConnection used by my AvahiServer proxy. Sorry.

The latest version of the code is at

https://github.com/rogerjames99/unicornemu/blob/master/avahibrowser.py

It seems to run reasonably well. If will now look at integrating it into the rest of the stuff.

Roger