Web lists-archives.com

Re: GObject introspection for cairo

Il Thu, 22 Jan 2015 09:50:00 -0800 "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre@xxxxxxxxxxx> scrisse:

> Cairo-GObject provides access to enums, but it won't automatically get you
> great cairo bindings. It might actually get you 90% of the way there,
> though, and I'd be interested seeing how far you can run with just that,
> and be happy to merge patches that make it easier.

Hi Jasper,

I'm not arguing against developing glue code for cairo. In fact my
specific problem is exactly a missing access to an enum type.

My knowledge on bindings internals is limited, but I think exposing
the GBoxed wrappers can also help the lifetime management of the
underlying types, and I bet memory leaks are the n.1 problems in
language bindings.

Ciao.
--
Nicola