Web lists-archives.com

Re: recently-used.xbel

On 22 Jan 2015, at 18:30, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 8:52 AM, John Emmas <johne53@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any way I can modify what gets saved in 'recently-used.xbel'?  For example, if I DIDN'T want it to include files with a particular extension, does the existing code provide any mechanism for achieving that?
>>
>> Or alternatively...  if I ONLY wanted it to include files with certain extension(s) can I specify that somehow in my application? Thanks.
>
> There's no direct api to achieve this. You can probably get it done in
> a few lines of code with GtkRecentManager::changed and
> gtk_recent_manager_remove_item().

Thanks Matthias,

Somewhere in my app I'm guessing that I'd need to provide a handler (callback) function to get called whenever the 'changed' signal gets emitted.  Do you know of an example anywhere that I could study?  From looking at the API list for GtkRecentManager it's not obvious how I'd set up the callback function.  Thanks,

John