Web lists-archives.com

recently-used.xbel

Yesterday I mistakenly posted this to gtk-list when it should probably have come here...  sorry.

Anyway...  I'm working on an app which uses a GtkFileChooser dialog.  Let's say I use it to open a file.  Next time I launch the GtkFileChooser I'll see an entry called "Recently Used" which lists the file I opened last time.  As the number of entries increases, they get saved in a persistent file called "recently-used.xbel".  This all seems to be a feature of gtk+.  There's nothing in the actual app that handles any of this.

Currently we're using gtk+2 (as opposed to gtk+3).  Is there any way I can modify what gets saved in 'recently-used.xbel'?  For example, if I DIDN'T want it to include files with a particular extension, does the existing code provide any mechanism for achieving that?  In other words, I want the user to be able to select files of that type - but I DON'T want them to get listed in 'recently-used.xbel'.

Or alternatively...  if I ONLY wanted it to include files with certain extension(s) can I specify that somehow in my application? Thanks.

John