Re: Should We Start Dropping Windows XP Support?
- Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 11:44:57 +0100
- From: Sebastian Dröge <slomo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Should We Start Dropping Windows XP Support?
Hi, On Di, 2014-12-30 at 09:45 +0000, John Emmas wrote: > I work on an audio product called Mixbus which uses gtk+ (albeit gtk2, > rather than gtk3):- > > http://harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html > > I've been arguing for a year or more that we should phase out XP support > - but the more senior devs don't agree. Why? Because a surprising > number of our Windows users are still running XP (probably more than a > third). XP is still far more common than you might think. As much as I'd also like to get rid of XP support, I can confirm the above. We have many GStreamer users that still use Windows XP for one reason or another... while at the same time all Windows users with a newer version would benefit a lot from the usage of newer API, especially around networking.
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
_______________________________________________ gtk-devel-list mailing list gtk-devel-list@xxxxxxxxx https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-devel-list
- Prev by Date: Re: help wanted for implementing GdkGLContext on Windows and MacOS X
- Next by Date: Re: [PATCH] GtkTextView: allow to extend selection with mouse scrollwheel
- Previous by thread: Re: Should We Start Dropping Windows XP Support?
- Next by thread: Re: Should We Start Dropping Windows XP Support?