[PATCH] RelNotes: minor typo fixes in 2.22.0 draft
- Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 11:51:06 -0400
- From: Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH] RelNotes: minor typo fixes in 2.22.0 draft
Signed-off-by: Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx>
These are all just minor typos I noticed while reading the
I did find the first entry on the checkout --no-overlay read
a bit strangely with the multiple "out's" in '... checking
out paths out ...'. Is it any easier to read with:
* "git checkout --no-overlay" can be used to trigger a new mode of
- checking out paths out of the tree-ish, that allows paths that
+ checking out paths from the tree-ish, which allows paths that
match the pathspec that are in the current index and working tree
and are not in the tree-ish.
? (There's any number of other ways to drop one of the
"out's" [and similarly replaces a "that" with "which"] in
the sentence, of course. Whether it's worth doing at all is
really the question.)
Documentation/RelNotes/2.22.0.txt | 12 ++++++------
1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/RelNotes/2.22.0.txt b/Documentation/RelNotes/2.22.0.txt
index 84e1ba6106..5aa4a256ae 100644
@@ -181,7 +181,7 @@ Performance, Internal Implementation, Development Support etc.
been optimized out.
* Mechanically and systematically drop "extern" from function
* The script to aggregate perf result unconditionally depended on
libjson-perl even though it did not have to, which has been
@@ -270,7 +270,7 @@ Fixes since v2.21
* On platforms where "git fetch" is killed with SIGPIPE (e.g. OSX),
the upload-pack that runs on the other end that hangs up after
detecting an error could cause "git fetch" to die with a signal,
- which led to a flakey test. "git fetch" now ignores SIGPIPE during
+ which led to a flaky test. "git fetch" now ignores SIGPIPE during
the network portion of its operation (this is not a problem as we
check the return status from our write(2)s).
(merge 143588949c jk/no-sigpipe-during-network-transport later to maint).
@@ -358,7 +358,7 @@ Fixes since v2.21
(merge b5a0bd694c nd/read-tree-reset-doc later to maint).
* Code clean-up around a much-less-important-than-it-used-to-be
- update_server_info() funtion.
+ update_server_info() function.
(merge b3223761c8 jk/server-info-rabbit-hole later to maint).
* The message given when "git commit -a <paths>" errors out has been
@@ -450,7 +450,7 @@ Fixes since v2.21
* When given a tag that points at a commit-ish, "git replace --graft"
failed to peel the tag before writing a replace ref, which did not
make sense because the old graft mechanism the feature wants to
- mimick only allowed to replace one commit object with another.
+ mimic only allowed to replace one commit object with another.
This has been fixed.
(merge ee521ec4cb cc/replace-graft-peel-tags later to maint).
@@ -500,7 +500,7 @@ Fixes since v2.21
conflicts are resolved in working tree *.h files but before the
resolved results are added to the index. This has been corrected.
- * "git chery-pick" (and "revert" that shares the same runtime engine)
+ * "git cherry-pick" (and "revert" that shares the same runtime engine)
that deals with multiple commits got confused when the final step
gets stopped with a conflict and the user concluded the sequence
with "git commit". Attempt to fix it by cleaning up the state
@@ -535,7 +535,7 @@ Fixes since v2.21
todo-list "rebase -i -r" uses should not be shown as a hex object
- * A prerequiste check in the test suite to see if a working jgit is
+ * A prerequisite check in the test suite to see if a working jgit is
available was made more robust.
(merge abd0f28983 tz/test-lib-check-working-jgit later to maint).