Re: What's cooking in git.git (Apr 2019, #02; Wed, 10)
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 17:06:06 +0200
- From: Christian Couder <christian.couder@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Apr 2019, #02; Wed, 10)
On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 8:08 PM Junio C Hamano <gitster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * cc/replace-graft-peel-tags (2019-04-01) 4 commits
> - replace: fix --graft when passing a tag first
> - replace: fix --graft when passing a tag as parent
> - t6050: redirect expected error output to a file
> - t6050: use test_line_count instead of wc -l
> When given a tag that points at a commit-ish, "git replace --graft"
> failed to peel the tag before writing a replace ref, which did not
> make sense because the old graft mechanism the feature wants to
> mimick only allowed to replace one commit object with another.
> This has been fixed.
> The title of the top two commits are fairly useless and does not
> say how the issue was fixed, but the fix is to peel the given tag
> ourselves down to the underlying commit object.
I can send a new version where the top two commits have the following titles:
- replace: peel tag when passing a tag first to --graft
- replace: peel tag when passing a tag as parent to --graft
I am also ok with you changing the titles, as you prefer.