Re: [GSoC][PATCH] tests: avoid using pipes
- Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 07:05:34 +0100
- From: Christian Couder <christian.couder@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [GSoC][PATCH] tests: avoid using pipes
On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 4:50 PM Jonathan Chang <ttjtftx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is my attempt for this year's GSoC microproject.
Thanks for being interested in this year's GSoC and doing a microproject.
> I copied the commit message of the commit mentioned in the microproject
> page. Is this OK?
> Here is a summary of what I did:
> - simple substitution as in c6f44e1da5.
If you take a look at c6f44e1da5 ("t9813: avoid using pipes",
2017-01-04) you can see the following:
- it changes only one test file: t9813-git-p4-preserve-users.sh
- its title starts with "t9813: "
It would have been nice if you did the same in your patch (that is
only change one test file and start the patch title with the test file
On the microproject page, we say:
"Students: Please attempt only ONE microproject. We want quality, not quantity!"
And to other students working on a microproject, we also ask them to
focus on only one test file when they make those kinds of changes.