Possible minor bug in Git
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 09:01:24 +0200
- From: Angelo Melonas <angelomelonas@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Possible minor bug in Git
I found a potential bug in Git for Windows. The bug can be reproduced
1. Modify a file so that it shows up as "untracked" when executing the
"git status" command.
2. Attempt to "git add" the file, but change the case of a single
letter. The command executes but no warning or error is displayed.
3. Execute "git status" again and it still shows the file as "untracked".
Please let me know if I am mistaken. I also have a screenshot
demonstrating the "bug" which I cannot attach to this email, but which
can be requested.
Have a great day.