[PATCH] Fix typos in whats-cooking.txt, was Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jan 2019, #04; Mon, 28)
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 15:26:37 +0100 (STD)
- From: Johannes Schindelin <Johannes.Schindelin@xxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH] Fix typos in whats-cooking.txt, was Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jan 2019, #04; Mon, 28)
while reading the What's Cooking mail, even if I did not specifically
looked for them, I found some typos. Here is the diff I would suggest to
apply on top of the tip of `todo`, which is f9efee013546 (What's cooking
(2019/01 #04), 2019-01-28) for me at the time of writing:
-- snipsnap --
diff --git a/whats-cooking.txt b/whats-cooking.txt
index 8a43b74f7c0f..ed2464b43d02 100644
@@ -312,7 +312,7 @@ of the repositories listed at
"git checkout -b <new> [HEAD]" to create a new branch from the
current commit and check it out ought to be a no-op in the index
and the working tree in normal cases, but there are corner cases
- that does require updates to the index and the working tree.
+ that do require updates to the index and the working tree.
Running it immediately after "git clone --no-checkout" is one of
these cases that an earlier optimization kicked in incorrectly,
which has been fixed.
@@ -332,7 +332,7 @@ of the repositories listed at
* js/abspath-part-inside-repo (2019-01-18) 1 commit
- abspath_part_inside_repo: respect core.ignoreCase
- On a case-insensntive filesystem, we failed to compare the part of
+ On a case-insensitive filesystem, we failed to compare the part of
the path that is above the worktree directory in an absolute
pathname, which has been corrected.
@@ -466,7 +466,7 @@ of the repositories listed at
Will merge to 'master'.
-* cc/parial-clone-doc-typofix (2019-01-14) 1 commit
+* cc/partial-clone-doc-typofix (2019-01-14) 1 commit
(merged to 'next' on 2019-01-14 at 0395de767e)
+ partial-clone: add missing 'is' in doc
@@ -713,7 +713,7 @@ of the repositories listed at
A new date format "--date=human" that morphs its output depending
on how far the time is from the current time has been introduced.
"--date=auto" can be used to use this new format when the output is
- goint to the pager or to the terminal and otherwise the default
+ going to the pager or to the terminal and otherwise the default
Will merge to 'next'.
@@ -1055,7 +1055,7 @@ of the repositories listed at
May need a further update, including squashing the tip commit to a
- releavant place.
+ relevant place.
* sb/submodule-recursive-fetch-gets-the-tip (2018-12-09) 9 commits