Writing merge strategy?
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 00:55:52 +0000
- From: "Israel, Daniel M" <dmi1@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Writing merge strategy?
I need a custom merge strategy (not driver) for a tool I’m writing, and I’m wondering:
1. Is there documentation for the API anywhere?
2. Does git-merge actually do any magic, or could I just run the script that implements my merge directly? In other words, is there really any difference between a merge strategy and a script that creates the tree I want and then commits it using git-commit-tree with multiple -p arguments.
Daniel M. Israel, Ph. D.
Physics Verification Lead
XCP-4: Methods & Algorithms
Los Alamos National Laboratory
505 665 5664